Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2010

I have been watching a piece of unattended luggage on the platform and wondering how long it takes before it is removed without warning, not only this but how will it happen? There is a massive billboard on both sides of the platform proclaiming that this will happen. So how will it and will it happen whilst I am watching it? As surely I would see it happen, therefore I would be warned. I am wondering if I look away will I turn back to see it gone ? Like the old saying "if a tree falls in the forest with no-one there, does it make any sound" , as if there is a person especially employed to remove luggage left unattended when no-one is looking , would be quite an interesting job advert, I mean would they even place it, or like the left luggage , would the position be filled when it was unattended? Or can any member of staff take the luggage, platform staff are a missing entity in themselves, dis embodied voices inform us of our trains arrival and where it will take us, a man on one side a woman on the other, but that's equality for you. When I found this information out I listened at more stations to see if it was the same person at each one, sadly not, unfortunately they do not use regional diction either, a slight disappointment as I think that would bring some charm back to train travel, but again maybe that's why they have done it. Nothing like feeling your nowhere in-particular to fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment